Father to the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra,
IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu, HRM (Eze) Israel Okwu Kanu, has declared President Muhammadu
Buhari as an enemy of Igbo people because he (Buhari) allegedly harbours hatred
against people of the South East.
The monarch made the declaration while reacting to a
question on how he will regard the President now that Kanu has been released
with regards to Buhari’s initial disposition to the agitator.
Speaking with The Sun, the traditional ruler said, “I
wouldn’t say enemy of the family, but that of the Igbo race because I have
never seen this type of hatred of a people before. Court will rule to set a
person free and the president who is supposed to be the father of all will say
no, making a mockery of the judiciary in the process.”
On withdrawing the charges leveled against the Director of
Radio Biafra, he said, “Why not, did they get any gun or knife from Nnamdi? It
was his mouth he used in talking and since we have freedom of speech in the
country, I don’t think he has committed any crime that will warrant him being
tried in court.
“It was because they have nothing substantial against him
that they are trying to bring masked men as witnesses against him, God forbid.
I am appealing to the Federal Government to set Nnamdi free by withdrawing all
the charges, because he has not come to kill anybody.”
By Seun Opejobi
