Arsenal playmaker, Mesut Ozil, has apologised to the club’s
supporters, after their 4-0 hammering at Liverpool on Sunday.
Goals from Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah and
Daniel Sturridge made it a miserable afternoon for the Gunners, who sit 16th in
the table with eight goals conceded in three games.
Ozil was among a number of key Arsenal players criticised
for their lack of effort by Gary Neville after the defeat at Anfield.
And the German international felt compelled to apologise to
fans on social media.
“Blame us, shout at us, criticize us, but I’m also very
disappointed about today’s game. We wanted to achieve a positive result before
the international break but we were simply not good enough during the 90
minutes and Liverpool deserved the win without a doubt.
“Usually I’m too angry to post on social media after such
frustrating days like today, but I don’t want to let this match go uncommented
before traveling to the DFB Team.
“Nevertheless… Gunners, I’m sorry – especially for the fans
who travelled all the way up to Liverpool to see us fighting. But we will try
everything to improve in the next game and bounce back from the disappointment
we are all feeling at the moment,” Ozil wrote on Instagram.
By Ifreke Inyang
