World News

Saturday, May 06, 2017

Resting of Key Players: Mourinho Playing Mind Games with Wenger – Guardiola


Manchester City manager, Pep Guardiola, feels his Manchester United counterpart Jose Mourinho, is playing mind games with Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger ahead of their Sunday’s Premier League clash.

Mourinho has claimed he will play his kids against the Gunners  so he can rest his key players for Thursday’s Europa League semi-final second leg against Celta Vigo.

Guardiola insists he knows Mourinho too well, to think he has given up on the top four with four matches still to go.

“I’m pretty sure United are going to London to win the game,” he said.

“What I know about the times I’ve faced my colleague Jose Mourinho is that he is never going to drop even one game.

“It doesn’t matter about the team he’s going to play, he is going to travel to London to win.”


By Ifreke Inyang