The Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonisakin, has
boasted that the Boko Haram terrorists and their activities would soon become
history.
He said with the empowered Armed Forces of Nigeria and the
collaboration of the Multinational Joint Task Force, the Boko Haram menace
would soon be a thing of history.
Speaking Monday, in Abuja, when he hosted the staff and
members of the United Kingdom Royal College of Defence Studies, Olonisakin said
the military had recorded landslide victory over the Boko Haram terrorists.
He noted that the terrorists had before now halted
socio-economic activities in the North Eastern part of the country.
Olonisakin, who was represented by the Chief of Defence
Policy and Plans, Air Vice Marshal Bashir Saidu, noted that terrorism and
insurgency were global security challenges.
Earlier, in their mission statement, leader of the
delegation, Major General Lawrence Craig, said the visit was part of the Royal
Defence College Geo-Strategic Study Tour to understudy the Nigerian military
winning strategy in combating Boko Haram terrorism in the North East and
militancy in the Niger Delta region.
He lauded General Olonisakin and the Nigerian Armed Forces
for their great contributions to nation building.
He observed that in spite of the many security challenges,
the Nigerian military had been able to give a good account of itself as a
leading military force in Africa and the sub-region.
By Ameh Comrade Godwin
